Bengt Magnusson Memorial Prize in Child Dental Health
The prize is awarded in the memory of Professor Bengt Magnusson of Göteberg, Sweden, a founder of Paediatric Dentistry and a former member of the IAPD until his death in 1981. This prize is awarded on alternate years at the IAPD Congress for the best submitted essay.
1. The Prize is open to all current Members of the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry.
2. Registration to the Congress is a requirement for the awards entry.
3. The Prize will be awarded for the most meritorious essay submitted on a subject in the field of Child Dental Health. It will be judged by an international panel of adjudicators.
4. The essay must be an unpublished work and suitable for publication in the IJPD (International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry).
5. The manuscript should be in English and should follow the guidelines for submitting a paper to the International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry.
6. The manuscript should be based on original and previously unpublished work, and may be presented under joint authorship.
7. The manuscript must be submitted under a nom de plume. The nom de plume must be written on the essay cover page. Your full contact details will be filled into the electronic submission form and should NOT be included anywhere on the essay cover page.
8. All nominees will present their work in an Oral Presentation during the Congress. Each contestant will be allotted maximum 15 minutes for their oral Power Point presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions and discussion.
9. Presentation of a certificate to the winner is made at the Closing Ceremony by the Awards Committee Chair and the winner is required to participate in the ceremony.
10. The International Association of Paediatric Dentistry reserves the right of publication of the prize – winning essay.
11. Applications will take place on the IAPD Congress website.
Email: IAPD@iapdworld.org for more infromation