Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Award by Colgate
The award is presented on alternate years at the IAPD Congress for the best preventive oral health community program serving children.
The value of the Prize is 2000 US Dollars (two thousand dollars). In addition, there will be two runners up prizes of 500 US dollars (five hundred dollars) each.
Email: [email protected] for more information.
This award will be presented at the 30th IAPD Congress from 22-25 October 2025 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Please note that you can ONLY SUBMIT ONE ABSTRACT/ESSAY/PROJECT for consideration for any ONE bursary or award. If there are multiple awards or bursaries of interest to you, please choose only the most applicable one.
1. The Award is open to any individual or organization responsible for creating or implementing a preventive oral health community program serving children.
2. The Award is open to all current members of IAPD. In case of joint authorship, at least one applicant must be a current IAPD member.
3. Registration to the Congress is a requirement for the competition entry.
4. The Award will be presented for the most meritorious preventive oral health community program serving children. Programs will be judged on impact, educational materials and presentation. It will be judged by an international panel of adjudicators.
5. A 100-word abstract and three (3) page description of the program should be included with the completed application.
6. All candidates will be required to give a maximum 10-minute oral presentation about their
work, followed by 5 minutes of questions and discussion.
7. Presentation of certificate to the winner of the preventive oral health community program serving children is made at the Opening Ceremony by the representative of Colgate Company.
8. The presence of the recipient at the Opening Ceremony of the 30th IAPD Congress from 22-25 October 2025 in Cape Town, South Africa is mandatory. The Opening Ceremony is planned for Wednesday evening, 22 October 2025.
9. All entries are to be sent electronically to [email protected] in their final and completed version before 11 July, 2025.
10. The International Association of Paediatric Dentistry reserves the right of publication of the prize-winning & finalist’s essays in IAPD Publications (Annual newsletter, e-news & IAPD’s website or social media).