Submitting a Bid for the 31st Congress of IAPD, 2027
Submission of Bid Document
Email: [email protected]
The National-Member Society prepares and submits its Bid to the Secretary General of IAPD in the approved format, with a copy to the Chairman of the CSS&C Committee. The deadline for the reception of Bids by the Secretariat is March 10th, 2023.
Finalists Bid Presentation Date
In-person presentation - provisional date
Once the Bid has been accepted, an official delegation from the National Member Society will be invited to meet with the CSS&C committee at the upcoming IAPD Congress venue, usually two days before the IAPD Congress.
Summary of Bidding Process
- The National-Member Society sends a ‘letter of intent to Bid’ to the Secretary-General, no later than November 10th, 2022.
- The National Member Society will then receive a copy of the from the Secretariat, together with copies of the IAPD Constitution, By-Laws and Standing Orders and the closing date for bids.
- It is important that the “IAPD Congress Guidelines” (published online) are studied carefully by the President, Secretary and Council Committee of the National-Member Society (and later by the appointed Congress Chairperson and Members of the Organizing Committee).
- The National-Member Society prepares and submits its Bid to the Secretary General of IAPD in the approved format, with a copy to the Chair of the CSS&C Committee. The deadline for the reception of Bids by the Secretariat is March 10th, 2023.
- On acceptance of the completed Bid by the Chair of the CSS&C Committee, the National-Member Society will be required to sign a statement that they have read, and accept the terms and conditions stated in the Guidelines.
- The Chair of CSS&C Committee assesses the Bid. Should there be any incomplete or missing information the Committee Chair will contact you and suggest changes or improvements which could or should be made to the Bid documents.
- You will then submit the updated Bid documents which will be reassessed as above and, if satisfactory, passed to the other CSS&C Committee members.
- Once the Bid has been accepted, an official delegation from the National Member Society will be invited to meet with the CSS&C committee at the upcoming IAPD Congress venue, usually two days before the IAPD Congress.
- The provisional presentation date will be on Monday, 12 June 2023 in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- The presentation must be made by the Chair of the Congress assisted by another high officer of the proposed LOC and by the PCO representative. Any additional officers are also welcome.
- The CSS&C Chair presents to the Board of IAPD the decision of the committee. If the decision is ratified by the Board, the successful National-Member Society will be notified accordingly by the IAPD Secretary General.
- It is the Council of IAPD that makes the final decision on the winning Bid recommended by the CSS&C committee and endorsed by the IAPD Board.
- The decision is ratified by a majority vote of delegates attending the Council Meeting.
- The chair of the selected Congress Bid will then present it to the Council members in Maastricht.
- The Chair of the selected Bid will then be required to sign a general and financial agreement with the Secretary General and the Chair of the Congress Site Selection and
- Coordination Committee of IAPD on behalf of the board of Directors, immediately following ratification of appointment by the Council.
- The Chair of the CSS&C Committee will keep in close contact with the Chair of the congress and act as a coordinator between the Organizing Committee of the Host National Member Society and the Board of Directors of IAPD.
- Regular verbal and written reports will be required from the Host Nation Organising Committee to be presented to the Board.
- At the Interim Board Meeting held in the year before the Congress (in Cape Town, South Africa, 2025), the Chair and/or the Secretary General of the Organising Committee must be available to present in person to the Board of Directors a detailed report of all details and matters relating to the forthcoming Congress.
Contact the IAPD Secretariat for more information at [email protected]