TTEW in Georgia
In the summer of 2019, the Georgian Association of Pediatric Dentistry officially became a member of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry. IAPD Secretary General Ari Kupietzky visited Tbilisi on November 4th 2019. The IAPD the Georgian Association of Paediatric Dentistry (GAPD) conducted a successful Teach the Teachers Workshop at Tbilisi State University, Georgia.
Alongside department heads and deans of all the major educational institutions, pediatric dentists from various clinics attended.
Four universities participated. There were many great discussions between academic leaders and the programme included presentations by:
- Dr Ari Kupietzky (IAPD Secretary General)
- Prof Ketevan Gogilashvili (President of Georgian Dental Association)
- Prof Vladimer Margvelashvili (Head of the Department of Dentistry, Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Dr Nana Kipiani (Deputy Dean of the faculty of Dentistry, Tbilisi State Medical University)
- Prof Ketevan Nanobashvili (Head of the Department of Paediatric Dentistry, The University of Georgia)
- Dr Lela Tsitaishvili (Head of Dentistry Program. Caucasus International University)
Discussions included topics such as the successful usage of equipment in their respective institutions and the number of the teaching staff in paediatric dentistry. Particular attention was afforded to training programmes for undergraduates – the duration of instruction, and in which way undergraduates are instructed and evaluated.