IAPD Regional Meetings
Designed for Paediatric Dentists and Practitioners Dealing with Children’s Oral Health.
IAPD Regional Meetings are 2-3 day scientific events in a plenary setting and lectures are in oral presentation format with several invited speakers. These meetings can be a stand alone event or combined with a local national society meeting. It is also open for abstract submission to encourage poster presentations. We also welcome industry hands-on during the lunch breaks.
How to Apply for a Regional Meeting
- A host nation contacts the Secretary General requesting a Regional Meeting.
- The host nation has to be a National Society member.
- The planned meeting needs to attract an audience of at least 150* persons who were not previously IAPD members.
- IAPD will cover airfare and hotel expense for 2 speakers.
- The full registration fee of the regional meeting includes an IAPD individual membership.
- Participants receive a two-year IAPD membership with journal, reduced admission fees to meetings and all other membership privileges.
- Current IAPD individual members in good standing will be offered a reduced registration fee to the regional meeting.
* Specific circumstances may be presented to the Secretary General for special consideration
The TTEW Project Is a "Teach the Teachers" Educational Programme
The TTEW has been designed for less wealthy nations as judged by World Bank data and/or the United Nations Human Index. TTEW is available to IAPD member nations requiring assistance to advance paediatric dentistry teaching in their countries.
We Work with You to Design a Tailor-Made Programme
- A host nation contacts the Secretary General to express interest in participating in TTEW.
- A preliminary visit occurs to discuss current teaching needs, assess the facilities, establish goals and determine the methods of evaluation. A workshop plan is designed.
- IAPD will cover airfare and hotel expense for speakers.
Since its introduction, DENFAC, which is now called TTEW has made good progress. Workshops have been held in Romania, Turkey, Poland, China, Senegal,Peru and Kenya.
Are you interested in hosting TTEW in your country? Or would you like to participate as a workshop speaker / leader. Perhaps you are interested a corporate sponsor?
Contact the IAPD Secretariat NOW
Email the IAPD Secretariat: [email protected]